Apr 3, 2012

Dutch Girls on Safari in Africa

Brazil Travel News

| RIO DE JANEIRO – I met two Dutch girls – Wilma and Joka – last week drinking beer at the Lord Jim Pub in Ipanema and chatted them up about their travels. I was more than a little disappointed when they told me that they had just come from safari in Africa since I then assumed that they were traveling with their boyfriends.

Wilma and Joka in Kenya

Girls on African Safari (Photo: Wilma)

My interest picked up when they assured me, under probing, that they were traveling by themselves and that their safari was all female – well, now I was ready to go to Africa! All female, really? Yes, they assured me. In addition to them, there were two English women, a lesbian couple from San Francisco, and three German girls.

They went on to tell me that their Kenya safari attracted women of all ages from around the world and brought them together in Kenya and Tanzania and that the tour operator was female as well. Now, I’ve been on safari in Kenya, with my girlfriend at the time, Ana – who was, I admit, a girly girl – who didn’t appreciate roughing it too much.

They assured me, that having a female tour operator guaranteed that all of the women’s needs were met. I have to admit, it sounded like they loved it. They shared some awesome pictures with me and I was sold. If I ever return to Africa – which I loved by the way – I’ll check out Masimba Safaris!

Read also: Related Stories

Read More Articles from Brazil Dispatch

Do you like this post? Please link back to this article by copying one of the codes below.

HTML link code:

0 comments:

Post a Comment